Welcome to KW Commercial Texas Gulf!
KW Commercial Texas Gulf has served the Greater Houston area for over 20 years with exceptional commercial real estate leasing, commercial real estate sales, and real estate investing. If you are looking for office space, land development, investment property, new industrial space, or tenant representation, our experts will be glad to assist you. Our dedicated professionals know the commercial market in the Houston area and beyond and are here to service our clients needs. We look forward to assisting you in locating your ideal business location for taking your business to the next level!
Contact KW Commercial Texas Gulf for Commercial Property For Lease, Commercial Property For Sale, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate Companies, Investment Property, Land, Land For Sale, Leasing, Office Space, Office Space For Rent, Properties, Real Estate, Real Estate Companies, Real Estate Investing, Real Estate Websites, and Realtors. Proudly supporting the areas of Baytown, Beaumont, Conroe, Freeport, Galveston, Houston, Katy, Kingwood, La Porte, Pasadena, Pearland, Richmond, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, and surrounding areas.
Contact KW Commercial Texas Gulf for Commercial Property For Lease in Beaumont, Commercial Property For Sale in Beaumont, Commercial Real Estate in Beaumont, Commercial Real Estate Companies in Beaumont, Investment Property in Beaumont, Land in Beaumont, Land For Sale in Beaumont, Leasing in Beaumont, Office Space in Beaumont, Office Space For Rent in Beaumont, Properties in Beaumont, Real Estate in Beaumont, Real Estate Companies in Beaumont, Real Estate Investing in Beaumont, Real Estate Websites in Beaumont, Realtors in Beaumont, and in surrounding areas.
Below is some general information about Beaumont:
Beaumont is a city in and county seat of Jefferson County, Texas, United States, within the Beaumont–Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city’s population was 118,296 at the 2010 census making it the twenty-fourth most populous city in the state of Texas and the state’s largest city east of Houston. With Port Arthur and Orange, it forms the Golden Triangle, a major industrial area on the Gulf Coast. Lamar University with its 15,000 students is located in Beaumont. The city’s daily newspaper is The Beaumont Enterprise, while The Examiner is published weekly. Gulf States Utilities had its headquarters in Beaumont until its absorption by Entergy Corporation in 1993. GSU’s Edison Plaza headquarters is still the tallest building in Beaumont. Since 1907, Beaumont has been home of the South Texas State Fair. In 2004, the venue for the Fair changed to Ford Park, a new, larger facility on the west end of Beaumont.
In 1824 Noah and Nancy Tevis settled on the west bank of Neches River and organized a farm. Soon after that, a small community grew up around the farm, which was named Tevis Bluff or Neches River Settlement. In 1835 the land of Tevises together with nearby community of Santa Anna was purchased by Henry Millard, Joseph Pulsifer and Thomas B. Huling, who began planning a town to be laid out on this land. This town was named Beaumont, after Jefferson Beaumont the brother in law of Henry Millard. Beaumont became a town on 16 December 1838. Joseph Perkins Pulsifer was a founding citizen of Beaumont. His firm, J.P. Pulsifer and Company, donated the first 50 acres upon which the town was founded. Beaumont’s first mayor was Alexander Calder. Schaadt examines the entrepreneurship that made Beaumont thrive in its early years. From its founding in 1835, business activities included real estate, transportation expansion, and retail sales. Later, other businesses were formed, especially in railroad construction and operation, new building construction, lumber sales, and communications. They made Beaumont a successful regional shipping center. Beaumont was a small center for cattle raisers and farmers in its early years, and with an active riverport by the 1880s, it became an important lumber and rice-milling town. The Beaumont Rice Mill, founded in 1892 by Joseph Eloi Broussard, was the first commercial rice mill in Texas. Beaumont’s lumber boom, which reached its peak in the late 19th century, was due in large part to the rebuilding and expansion of the railroads after the Civil War. The rise of Beaumont’s mill economy drew many new residents to the city, many of them immigrants, among them a group of Jews who would go on to form a congregation. By the early 20th century, the city was served by the Southern Pacific, Kansas City Southern, Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe, and Missouri Pacific railroad systems.
Oil was discovered at nearby Spindletop on 10 January 1901. Spindletop became the first major oil field and one of the largest in American history. With the discovery of oil at Spindletop, Beaumont’s population grew from 9,000 in January 1901 to 30,000 in March 1901. Oil is, and has always been, a major export of the city, and a major contributor to the national GDP. Captain William Casper Tyrrell was a leading philanthropist in the 1920s. His generosity contributed to such projects as the opening of a commercial port in the city, the development of the local rice industry, the development of suburban property, and the donation of the First Baptist Church for use as a public library, which in 2002 housed the Tyrrell Historical Library. The city became a major center for shipbuilding during World War II, as tens of thousands of rural Texans poured in for the new high-paying jobs. Housing was scarce and racial tension high when a race riot took place in Beaumont in June 1943 after workers at the Pennsylvania shipyard in Beaumont learned that a white woman had accused a black man of raping her. In 1996, the Jefferson County courts, located in Beaumont, became the first court in the nation to implement electronic filing and service of court documents, eliminating the need for law firms to print and mail reams of documents. In 2005 and 2008, Beaumont and surrounding areas suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Rita and Hurricane Ike. A mandatory evacuation was imposed upon its residents for about two weeks.
The South Texas State Fair is held at Beaumont’s Ford Park during March. It is the 2nd largest fair in the state with over 500,000 visitors in 2009. The fair features a livestock show, a commercial exhibition, a carnival midway and numerous food choices. The Fair moved from the Fair Park Coliseum to Ford Park in 2004. The fair was previously held in the fall but had to be moved to spring after Hurricane Rita caused its cancellation. The Gusher Marathon formed in 2010 by the local nonprofit Sports Society for American Health is the city’s first annual marathon. The Gusher takes place in march and includes a 5K, half marathon and full marathon. The course begins at the Montagne Center of Lamar University and tours Downtown and Lamar before returning to the Montange. The Beaumont Jazz & Blues Fest is a Jazz festival held in downtown Beaumont since 2005. The Boomtown Film and Music Festival is a film and music festival that began in 2008 to replace the Spindletop Film Festival. Dog Jam is a rock concert held annually at Ford Park. On the first Saturday of December downtown host the Downtown Winter Parade. The parade features floats that travel down Main, College and Pearl streets. In recent years the parade has also featured a lighted boat parade that travels down the Neches River, spectators can watch from Riverfront Park.
Beaumont is located at 30°4′48″N 94°7′36″W. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 85.9 square miles, of which, 85.0 square miles of it is land and 0.9 square miles of it is water. Beaumont is on Texas’ coastal plain, about 30 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico, and just south of the dense pine forests of East Texas. The city is bordered on the east by the Neches River and to the north by Pine Island Bayou. Before being settled, the area was crisscrossed by numerous small streams. Most of these streams have since been filled in or converted for drainage purposes. The island directly across from Riverfront Park is called Trinity Island. There are also three other islands in the Neches River around the downtown area/port: Harbor, Smith and Clark.
Source: Beaumont on Wikipedia